Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Drywall Y'all!

Hey everybody! The plan was to take a break over Christmas. But then the sickness came. And it hit hard. I was in bed with bronchitis for four days. I also contaminated my children, even though my mom was nice enough to quarantine them at her house. We are all on the mend now, with the exception of a lingering cough, that sounds like I have black lung after I wake up in the morning. So anyway, I have some pictures of drywall for you. Very glamorous I know! But it makes everything look like actual rooms now.



This is looking into the bathroom from the playroom. You can see the side of the shower and tub (with the numbers on the side) and you can see the framing for the pocket door.



Inside the bathroom. Directly across from the tub will be the vanity.




This is the view of the playroom from near the bathroom door. It's a touch dusty up there, as you can tell by all the dust orbs showing up in this picture.





Here's a better view of the kids' bedroom doors in relation to the playroom. The hole in the floor with the ladder sticking out is where the stairs are going to go. It took a lot of thought as to how those stairs were going to connect to the existing part of the house. And we didn't know if they would be a straight run of stairs or if they would need to turn. We ended up with a straight run, and that was what I was hoping for. The straight run gives a little more room in the playroom, and getting furniture up there should be easier.  



This is my son's room.



And a view of my son's closet.
And apparently I don't care about my daughter's room since I don't have pictures of it to show you. But it's a carbon copy of my son's room. 
So there you have it! It looks like a house now! There's probably only another three weeks of work to go at this point. That is, until we move on the ripping out walls in the existing part of the house. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment